If you think, for one moment… that stating May 2nd the winners of the Caption Me! Contest would be announced was a lie .. well.. err… you would be SO wrong. It was a typo, yes a typo. That’s it!( Is anyone else now singing that commercial… it must have been a typo, a typo, a typo… ). Seriously though… I had every intention of announcing the winners then, but the time to format all the entries just wasn’t available to me.
Which is precisely why I decided to award more entries a prize!
There are now 10 winners vs. 3!
Instead of choosing my favorite submissions (really, how is a girl supposed to choose) I used the list randomizer to select the winners – they are shown below in red! The 10 submissions chosen will be receiving a fine art photography print of mine, matted & ready to fit in an 11×14 frame! (Value of $30-$40.00). If your caption appears in red, please email me – khryctee [at] gmail.com – within the next week to receive your prize. I will notify winners if I get a chance — but it’s up to you to contact me so your prize isn’t forfeited! I’ll reply to your email with all applicable info. CONGRATULATIONS!
- “should l glue, paint, weave or knit?” – Judy Scott
- “Got floss”? – Lia
- “Hmm, what can I make with this?” – Cheryl
- “Hmmm….smells like…fresh roasted peanuts!” – Lindsay
- “Where’s the Atkin’s Diet when you need it…!”– Lindsay
- “I’m sure this string bikini will fit…I’m just big boned!” – Linda
- “yarn over, knit 2, pearl 2, increase…..or was it decrease?” – Doreen aka LuniLady
- “Oh oui, I love zee smell of new straw! Should I sleep on it or make a new chapeau?” -Bunny
- “First Come, First Served!!” – Vicki
- “No, Mr Sparrow this is NOT your future home, it’s my future craft project!! Now, step away from the straw and no one gets hurt!!!” –Vicki
- “That’s it! That’s the last straw!” – blendedcolors
- “Knit one, purl two!” – Mrs. Kwitty
- “OOOOO! Raffia! Just what I need to finish that ATC.” – Mary W.
- “How long is this straw? Will it make a nice necklace with the acorns I hid?” – Mary W.
- “If this is long enough I might be able to craft a belt.” – Mary W.
- “Hmmm. Should I weave this for the handle of the shoulder bag or not?” – Mary W.
- “Shall we discuss this over a nice Chateau?” –Brandie
- “Fiber, that’s the key to weight loss.” – Glenda J.
- I love Feng Shui, but should should I put this in the “fame” quadrant, or maybe, “relationships?”-Christie
- “Hmmm… smells like chicken, tastes like chicken… must be chicken!” –Stuart Vail
- “Due to the suffering economy, the witness protection program is having to tighten up their belts as well…” – bengalsfan1973
- “This waxed floss just isn’t making it for me.” – TheNhBushman
- “I WILL stick with the diet. I will … I will!” – Robyn
- “Prarie Floss” – AdamT4
- “It isn’t quite a milk mustache, but it will do…” – Kraften
- “Knit one, pearl who?” –BonnieBlueDenim
- “Dude, This is some PRIMO hemp, Holmes!” –spurmarks
- A glimpse of the rare sub-species of prarie dog– the prarieblood hound:
“hmmmm…(sniff, sniff) I’d say that they passed by here about….*sniff*…about 3 hours ago.” – Larry the Amateur
- “Ernesto, connoseur of fine grasses and hay, is pictured here carefully reviewing this year’s production before shipping worldwide.” – Larry the Amateur
- “You MUST pay the rent!” – english dixie
- ((sniff, sniff)) “Nice bouquet, strong wood undertones with a hint of fruitiness.” –TheCrayonBin
- “Enquiring prairie dogs want to know: how did I get fat on THIS?” – 4tuneseeker
- “Come now, this won’t hurt a bit.” – 4tuneseeker
- “My name is Pierre and I have a big moos-tash!” – Emma
- “It’s so hard to accessorize these days.” –Sally Turlington
- “Now I’m sure there was a needle here somewhere…….” – LizBeth King
- “You know, with a little alfredo sauce, this wouldn’t be so bad…” – AntTree
- “God, I wish this was chocolate.” – Bianca
- “Ah yes. Vintage 2006……. South side of the paddock, I think. A cheeky little stalk that will only improve with a little aging.” – IanSand
- “knit one pearl two…damn where are my glasses” – phicon99
- “Yummy for my tummy, I love staying in for dinner” – rosegardener55
- ” Got Straw?” – Gina Smith
- “What Jabba the Hut did after retiring from Star Wars.” – Gina Smith
- “Unadorned” – Flory Brick
- “Does this outfit make me look fat?” – Kris Hubick
- “Ah yes, Just one more step and my plan will be complete.” – Kris Hubick
- “Smells like chicken.” – Kris Hubick
- “My new mustache will drive her crazy!” – Kris Hubick
- “DIY Halloween Costume” – Kris Hubick
- A digital submission, see Picture below: – petit babycakes
Can I just say: I reallllllllllllyenjoyed doing this contest. All of your incredible submissions made me smile and truly brightened my days. I will definitely host more of these! A big thank you to all of you who submitted entries! I will be offering my prints the winners are receiving for sale soon … in the meantime, there’s a handful at etsy (sans mats though).
Off to work on another blog post — Yup. You heard me right. Another one!