I have been ab-so-lutly horrible at keeping up with not only my blog, but also the blog awards some talented & kind folks have given me in our wonderfully creative community. So today, I am trying to set the record straight and pass on 2 of the recent ones I’ve been given, despite my absence.
It is ALWAYS a pleasure to know someone has sought you out, or thought of you kindly – I want to make sure y’all know that even in my absences, I am still more than grateful.
“Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos. Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish in the crowd.”
– author unknown
Here are the rules for accepting this award:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blog.
(It really does feel good to cross items off a list, doesn’t it?)
I always hate choosing people, and narrowing it down… so my goal for today is to avoid listing the people I usually do, or have given past awards to.
The 7 people I nominate are:
1) Seth Apter –Ok folks, this is just talent oozing over the edges here. A sense of community, art-to-die for, and always something new to learn will be found here.
2) Natasha Westcoat –There is just something about Natasha’s work, words and story that I’ve felt some sort of conenction to. Weird how that works — when you feel you know someone, without really knowing them. She’es generous with information, tidbits, tips and has a good business sense. An example to us all!
3) Danielle Thompson –Her blog always blows me away. It is visually stimulating, and I think everything this woman touches instantly turns pretty! She is a gifted photographer and crafter as well – and I am certain you will find her as inspiring as I do.
4) Cheryl Prater – Such a talented artist, with an awesome sense of humor — and now an author to boot! (Her new book promises to be amazing, and comes out this fall!) Besides, Last time i tagged her for something her response had me laughing and laughing. So why not give her another drive by today…
5) Cate Prato – The genius behind the Self-Portrait Book I’m so excited to be a part of, features editor for Cloth,Paper,Scissors Magazine … with a really diverse, nostalgic blog. I love how reading her blog is like a lil glimpse through a window of a house you adore. Anyone that can achieve that feeling, is a-ok in my book. Besides, she makes me laugh and tolerates how anal I am. How can I not give her one?
6) Michelle Beschen – She just may win the title for queen-of-all-things creative! I began watching her show B Original on HGTV a few years ago, and was instantly mesmerized. I loved, loved, loved her ‘anything is possible’ attitude, and her creative spirit is a huge inspiration to me. I’ve always shared her same philosophy – to just try… I love that nothing seems to stop her! She’s taking my class in August at the Covenzione, which has a wee bit intimidated – but more on that later – it deserves it’s own blog post!
7) Ophelia Staton – I met this creative talent through my now-dead group Altered Raleigh a few years back, and she has JUST entered into blogland folks! Let’s give her a warm welcome!
Nici also bestowed the same award on me – She is a dear friend, that I truly want to work on getting to know better. She is a kindred Spirit of mine – and I felt an instant connection to her when our paths first crossed a few years ago. She is a talented artist, writer and all-around amazing soul. If you haven’t yet been exposed to her — go do it NOW, you won’t be sorry!
7 more people I nominate are:
1) Jane Desrosier – A new to me blog that I fell head over heels for! Videos, Amazing Prim Art Dolls and more await you here!
2) The Funky Felter – What do you get when you combine adorable, super cool felted items… business sense, and a willingness to share — well go and look already! Resources galore and her items truly do rock.
3) Susan Bernard – Bipolar wellness blog. I doubt she even knew I read her blog, but as y’all know Bipolar disorder is an illness that I live with, and it’s always helpful when I can read about others experiences with it as well.
4) Francesca Burras – Dancing Girl Art! really, is there anything she isn’t good at? Paintings, Books, and so much more. A generous, sharing spirit – you’ll enjoy reading her blog.
5) Donna Cook –I think I first become a fan of hers through ZNE – I love her blog, her enthusiasm, her art, and her willingness to share. Be sure to stop by it!
6) Tiffany Jane– Not only is she full of talent, but her blog & flickr are a delight to the eyes as well! If you haven’t gone beyond the vintage path – you most definitely should!
7) YOU!That’s right readers — anyone who maintains a blog deserves this! Sharing of yourselves, your work and glimpses into your lives are an extraordinary sort of everyday brilliance.
The truth of the matter is — I could spend days listing off blogs I love, people that inspire me, and talent that will blow your mind away. The world, the Internet, and our community is full of interesting people – so take a lil leap today, and an extra moment and extend your hand to one. Who knows what gift, or enlightenment you’ll receive simply by knowing them.
-Chrysti (who is feeling so, so disconnected lately)